Medical tourism – a joint replacement in 1 week
Q: Can I fly in the day before surgery, then fly home the day after?
A: Even though your hospital stay will likely be 24hrs, I will require you to make a 1 week commitment for your safety:
- Fri – initial clinic visit (physical exam, xrays*, pre-op workup) & pre-op assessment in hospital
- Sat – free time for you (allows for arranging of patient appropriate implants, and allows for last minute testing, if required) Many of my patients use this time to see the Grand Canyon, Sedona, visit spas or do local touring & shopping.
- Sun – free time for you
- Mon – surgery
- Tues – discharge from hospital
- Weds – recover from hip replacement, enjoy Arizona, focus on walking
- Thurs – recover from hip replacement, enjoy Arizona, focus on walking
- Fri – 1 week clinic follow-up (xrays & wound check), likely return flight home
*Your initial visit with me will require new xrays to allow for digital planning of the surgery.