Minimally-Invasive Patient-Specific Total Knee Replacement
Total Knee Replacement (TKR) is very successful surgical treatment options for arthritis of the knee.
Over the last several years knee replacement surgery has evolved to a Minimally Invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma – muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring – two incisions of 1½ to 2 inches each, rather than one 10- to 12-inch incision
- Reduced blood loss and less need for pre-surgery blood donation
- Faster return to work and daily activities
Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Incisions