This section will give you a brief overview of the activities that will occur on the day of surgery:
- You will be admitted to the hospital, typically the morning of your surgery.
- A final assessment of vital signs will be taken.
- A clean hospital gown will be provided.
- An IV will be started to give you fluids and medication during and after the procedure.
- An elastic stocking may be provided to decrease the likelihood of blood clots.
- You will be asked to empty your bladder.
- All jewelry, dentures, contacts, and nail polish must be removed.
- The surgical leg will be scrubbed and shaved in preparation for surgery.
- The provider will discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used.
- You will be taken into the operating room.